A multi-national industrial gas manufacturer returned to CSols, Inc. to extend an existing LabWare 6 implementation in the U.S. to an international site. LabWare Charge Manager was implemented to handle quotes, contracts, invoices, and billing. CSols had a consultant subcontracted to the company and the company was familiar with CSols’s level of expertise with LabWare.
Objectives and Challenges
This project added a new user base in Taiwan, implemented Charge Manager across both sites, and added security to keep data separated. The client wanted to take advantage of the existing configuration from the U.S. site to realize additional value from their LIMS.
CSols leveraged their expertise and experience to overcome the challenges of this project. One request, which CSols encounters often, was to work within the client’s constrained budget. Communicating effectively with the client during the kick-off week was key to the success of the project. One strength of the CSols business model is project management, which emphasizes proactive, clear communication.
CSols’s Role in the Solution
This effort included the following key tasks and deliverables from the CSols team:
- led the Initial kick off and requirements gathering
- kept track of project status and deliverables
- handled implementation and deployment remotely; some testing was done with users at the Taiwan site
- held weekly status meetings to communicate any issue/risk to ensure fast resolution and keep the project on schedule
- provided effective project leadership so that one contact at the client site was sufficient for day-to-day needs
- Completion of this work laid a foundation for security/data separation between sites, so that new sites can be added to the system with minimal effort in the future.
- Implementation of Charge Manager allowed tracking from quotes to contracts to invoices and billing for all lab testing and services.
- The extensive expertise of the CSols consultants allowed them to provide the implementation on time and within budget, making it easier for the client to track work load and revenues for the Taiwan site.
If you would like to know more about this project or get help with your upcoming project, click here.
Check out more projects that CSols has worked on by clicking here.