A leading Canadian Contract Research Organization (CRO) wanted to improve client satisfaction and operational efficiency. An evaluation of existing laboratory systems made it clear that a new LIMS was needed to support a leaner, more harmonized laboratory organization. The LIMS project team chose CSols, Inc. to assist with selecting a new LIMS to support the needs of three laboratory groups.
The primary goal of this project was to select a new LIMS that would satisfy the current and future needs of three newly integrated laboratory groups. The new system needed to support continually changing lab and external client needs, and therefore ease of customization was paramount. In parallel, the client aimed to optimize and automate laboratory workflows and improve overall data management. For one of the three labs, support of CLIA compliance was vital.
There was a limited budget for the selection project, and the client had difficulty fully staffing the project to engage appropriate stakeholders.
CSols’ Role in the Solution
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and workshops to gather requirements
- Developed current and future state process workflows
- Developed user requirement specifications (URS)
- Recommended process optimization activities
- Managed RFP process
- Analyzed and quantified vendor RFP responses
- Developed vendor demonstration scripts
- Analyzed and quantified vendor demonstration performance
- Reduced inherent LIMS selection risks by defining requirements and ensuring the selected vendor met the defined requirements
- Optimized laboratory processes and workflows to increase productivity even before LIMS implementation
- Eliminated redundancy and reliance on paper-based systems based on future state recommendations
- Improved resource utilization via recommended improvements to the results review and approval processes
If you would like to know more about this project or get help with your upcoming project, click here.
Check out more projects that CSols has worked on by clicking here.